Friday 3 June 2016

Undercover Boss

Have you ever watched the show "undercover boss"? I have, in fact I might as well have been on one episode. My department got a new boss and she was a people's person, in her first few weeks, she went from office to office checking on each employee. I did not know her and no one told me about the door to door visits. 

To cut a long story short, I saw two men in suits, they came in to my office, made sure it was safe, and then she came in and started talking to me. Honestly speaking, i thought she was holding a watchtower booklet if you know what I'm saying. At some point I was so uncomfortable I had to ask who she was, and how I could help her. The bodyguards could not believe it.. she introduced herself and soon after left.. it was the most embarrassing moment in my career... 

This story reminds me of John 1:10‭-‬12 NKJV "He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name" I laugh sometimes when I think of that day. Even the Bodyguard was like John the Baptist preparing a way for Christ (my boss). Needless to say, my boss turned out to be a forgiving woman, she quickly forgave my ignorance and we did great exploits in the workplace with her leadership. 

Jesus came to his own also, in fact He keeps knocking on your door each day and each week. Do not take for granted the experiences that you've been through, some of the smallest conversations or interactions with your "undercover boss Jesus" (through others) have all been leading to this: that you may finally believe in Him and have everlasting life. 

Be assured of this, He is not holding a grudge against any previous encounters... He came to his own not to condemn us but to take our sins away. 

My peace I give you - Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment