Wednesday 8 June 2016

Sense of direction

I remember the first time I ever visited Argentina, Buenos Aires in 2004 or so. I was there with Pastor Dennis and one morning just before breakfast we stood at a balcony to watch the Sunrise. I was doing an undergraduate degree in Geography at the time.

So Dennis asked me a question, "Shalom which way is East?" and I began turning around to get my bearing… It's embarrassing I know, I should have known or remembered the direction of the sun's rising, especially since I was a Geo major. Yesterday I was driving with my little brother to Sandton and he was behind the wheel. The navigator said "in 300 metres, turn left" and within 70 metres, he was making a left turn… I laughed and mocked him saying clearly you were not athletic at school, you didn't run the 100 and 200 metre races, else you would know the length of 300 metres.

Basically I had a challenge with my sense of direction and he had a challenge with distance perception. But how is this helpful? The Lord suddenly spoke to me saying that one should have first of all a sense of direction, a vision and mission in life that is never changing, never wavering, as sure as the sun in the sky. This sense of direction allows you to know your destination.

When you know and have entered your destination in your navigator, trust that the word of God is your only true navigation. Do not try to guess what distance to go before you turn or stop or make a u-turn because humans are not the best with directions and distances.  Even when you are almost at a panic approaching a fork on the road, the word of the Lord will come through and tell you which way to go. Drivers often fear getting lost even with the navigation on, especially in dark times.
Trust in the Lord, Be assured that God will not allow your foot to stumble or for you to get lost. His word says: Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

My Peace I give you - Shalom


No comments:

Post a Comment