Saturday 4 June 2016

This is a man's world

There's this song I love, "A Man's World".. Especially the cover version by Leela James.  It goes something like “You see, man made the cars, to take us over the road; Man made the train, to carry the heavy load; Man made the electric light, to take us out of the dark; Man made the boat for the water, like Noah made the ark”

Let us give credit where it is due, ‘Man’ is creative, Man saw a need, and created something that would make life easier. Man even created “Candy Crush Saga”; I still don’t get the hype (meaning I couldn’t get past level 82).

Now here’s the burning question; if cell phone apps, cars, trains and pretty much all that was created, was created for a reason, what about you? Do you trust that God has made you for a specific reason or destiny? The Bible says, “Know that the LORD is God. He made us, and we belong to him; we are his people, the sheep he tends” (Psalm 100:3 NCV). 

Let us give credit where credit is due again… God is the master builder, the ultimate creative. The light bulb was created many years back for a purpose, to provider a way to see and operate in the midst of darkness. The boat to carry us over the waters. The train to carry heavy loads. Even a simple invention like "cool time" serves a purpose in the Limpopo heat. 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. A light bulb without electricity is useless, the same as an empty vessel. The Lord will not create you, call you to do His work and not give you the provision and tools you need to fulfil your work. How much more purpose do you think your Master Builder has destined for you? You were created by God and for His purpose, and until you uncover that purpose, that hidden treasure, life is never going to make sense. 

What do an iron, a kettle, a stove and a light bulb have in common? They have one master and one power source. You already know that you've been called to be a light in this dark world. Allow yourself to be connected to your power source, and when darkness falls, all will see the power of God working through you. 

My peace I give you - Shalom.

1 comment:

  1. Jeremiah 1:5
    Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

    No matter how bad my current situation may be, i have hope and believe in Him that created me. For His plans for my life are prosper me and not to harm me.

    If all things mentioned above where created for a purpose, what more with ME. With my Source i can do all things, and fulfill my God given purpose that I have been equipped for.

    Thank you for this word. Encouraged!

    ReplyDelete