Saturday 25 June 2016

Let the sunshine in

I miss those summer days, when the morning light penetrates through the blinds, past the duvet and right through my eyelids... I stretch out my arms for a good minute with my eyes still closed and just as I open my eyes, i breathe and realise yes, yes surely I am alive... 

I’m reminded of this really great song from a few years back... when the song came out, I couldn't stop singing it. I didn't even know if it was a house or gospel track.. I just remember singing out with my hands raised up high "Leeet the sunshine, let the sunshine in.." 

You're probably asking what any of this has to do with how the earth revolves around the sun... Well, there's this guy Nicodemus in the bible that asked a really important question and I think that song can help us answer it. Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” John 3:4 

To answer the question let's see what the bible says this about Jesus: "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1:4 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." John 3:18-19 

 Well imagine that summer Saturday morning when all that you have to do all day is just be. Picture the morning light penetrating through the blinds, past the duvet and right through your eyelids... there are two things you can choose to do. Firstly, you can ignore the light, even shut the blinds and pull your duvet over your head so that you remain in the darkness and continue sleeping. Secondly, you can choose to embrace the light, open your eyes and heart to the light. 

I dare you to choose the light today, I dare you to choose life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. Every morning when day breaks, I hope you remember that the true light of this world stands at the door of your heart and waits for you to open up and "Leeet the sunshine, let the sunshine in" (singing) 

My Peace I give you - Shalom


No comments:

Post a Comment