Monday 6 June 2016

Jesus in the food chain


For a while I wondered what was so special about the people in the bible who Jesus commended for having GREAT FAITH. Let's explore. So in 2012, I was tasked with writing a foreword for a book that my unit had developed. The task was given by my boss' boss' boss' boss, the highest ranking official, and it was an honour for me to do it. After I wrote the foreword, I got called in to his office and while I was expecting a pat on my back, or a promotion, he asked me to read the first sentence. 


I read the first sentence and he asked "do you see what's wrong with it?". I answered honestly and said "No, it seems fine to me". Then he said "read it again" and that is when I had a Great Faith moment. How? You ask me. I had a divine realisation of who he is in the order of things (in the food chain even), and who pays salary. I had to enlist the help of Lady +mashadi mathosa to help me rewrite that sentence to my boss' satisfaction.

Let's go to scripture: In Luke 7:3, 6 "And when the centurion heard of Jesus, he sent some Jewish elders to Him, requesting Him to come and make his bond servant well". So we see the Centurion using good or normal faith when he sends the elders to ask Jesus to heal his bond servant, but there is a change when we see the next verse. Verse 6. And Jesus went with them. But when He was not far from the house, the centurion sent [some] friends to Him, saying, Lord, do not trouble [Yourself], for I am not sufficiently worthy to have You come under my roof; 

I honestly believe that the centurion had a GREAT FAITH MOMENT. The more people at his house kept maybe telling him of the great works that Christ performed, I believe he had a divine realisation of who Christ is in the chain of command because the centurion said: "I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it. ” When Jesus heard these things, He marveled at him, and turned around and said to the crowd that followed Him, “I say to you, I have not found such great faith, not even in Israel" 

That joblessness, troubled marriage, sickness, or whatever is tormenting you might be showing you who is boss at this point. But I have come with good news. I believe that even as you are reading this post now, you are smiling because you have just had a GREAT FAITH MOMENT. You are beginning to  realise that Christ is above all in the chain of command, he has authority and has even given us authority over the situation tormenting you right now. Jesus has already said the word of blessing and paid the price for your healing and for all the chains of bondage to be broken. Believe in Him with great faith and receive your miracle in this very hour. 


My peace I give you - Shalom


2 comments:

  1. I stand amazed by how God used your blog to talk to me and help me regain my faith, as lost as I was, as questionable as I was about his love for me, He chose to use you to help me to return to Him, the chosen one, May He continue to talk to us through you, may you continue to listen and share. NEVER STOP WRITING

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand amazed by how God used your blog to talk to me and help me regain my faith, as lost as I was, as questionable as I was about his love for me, He chose to use you to help me to return to Him, the chosen one, May He continue to talk to us through you, may you continue to listen and share. NEVER STOP WRITING

    ReplyDelete