Saturday 4 June 2016

Unconditional love

I laugh a times when I think back to this next story, but I guess it had to happen so that God could teach me something about His love. the bible says in I John 4:8, 12 NKJV "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. "

So I was driving home a few years back and I saw a truck with a driver just stopped by the side of the road. The markings on the truck were familiar to me as that company was co-owned by my father. I was more than happy to stop and approach the driver. I greeted and asked him if all was well and if I could assist with anything? I guess this was me taking care of the family business. The driver went on to say that he was very hungry. I bought him food with a very big smile and went home very glad that I could make an impact in the life of someone. Even better, someone in the family business.

 A few months later I enquired about that company and it was revealed that my father was no longer a part of it. In fact, he hadn't been for many years (including the date of my good deed). My heart was broken. It felt like my efforts were in vain. But yesterday the Lord reminded me of that story. And asked why I felt that my act of love was in vain. In my heart I knew it was because I gave to someone who would never add value to my life or my family. And it was then that God showed me his kind of Love.

The bible says in Luke 6:32-36 NKJV “But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful."

I do believe that God was saying that I should love all people unconditionally, those in the church and out of the church, those close to me and those strangers that might be in need of a meal by the side of the road. Im glad He could show me the error in my ways. I will definitely try harder to not be selective about who I show love, kindness and mercy to. I hope this speaks to you too.

My peace I give you - Shalom

1 comment:

  1. Powerful message and thank you to know that He is the answer of all our questions and problems of our life, He is the only solution Amen

    ReplyDelete