Wednesday 8 June 2016

The Rapture

The bible in I Thessalonians 4:17-18 NKJV says "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words." Such comforting words for all believers, all of God's children wait patiently for this glorious day... I didn't always find comfort in these words because of a dream I had a few years back.

There are a few things that I will never forget in my life. The one is an out of body experience I had, a vision of the end times (to be discussed another time) the second one is a dream that I had of the rapture.

In this dream I saw myself at home with my family, going about our daily chores, in fact I think I was doing dishes. Suddenly in my dream, everyone in my family started to ascend. I was glad in my dream because I understood what was happening. The problem was that I was not ascending, and soon my gladness turned to a great despair… I began to jump in order to catch up with everyone who was ascending to heaven. The jumping did not help one bit. In my dream I saw one thing that would haunt me for years after I had that dream. I saw the shape of the moon in my dream and it resembled a smiley face. Why am I sharing this?

First of all, I believe that dream was shown to me as a warning to me and others that the coming of the Lord is real and it is soon. I believe the dream was shown to me so that I could repent and follow Jesus. I believe that it was shown to me that I can prepare for that day lest I be caught off guard since I was in a state of backsliding and peace with the enemy.

Every so often, maybe once or twice a year I would see that same moon in real life and it would cause me to fall at my knees and repent before God. That shape of the moon became a sign for me over the years that I was not to see heaven and it caused me much grief. Last night I looked up and saw a similar moon shape and my spirit jumped with joy and gladness.

The moon shape sign tormented me for years, it tormented me because I did not want to heed the warning it represented, I was too caught up in the pleasures of the world; I even said to myself, I want to have fun now, I will repent and serve the Lord later.  I'm glad to say that I no longer think that way. My life has been changed, the warning sign has become a sign of hope, hope of eternal life through Christ. What's your sign?

My Peace I give you - Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment