Wednesday 1 June 2016

Their lives He will require of us...

I just remembered a lost tortoise that i found some time back as I was reading the word. The tortoise is a very strong, shielded animal. Like many of today's followers, they have adapted to protect their salvation, with the promise of everlasting life. Tortoises generally have a reclusive character. A  recluse  is a person who lives in voluntary seclusion  from the public and society. The word is from the  Latin  recludere, which means "shut up" or "sequester."  But God doesn't want us to shut up. 

He wants us to be in the world but not of this world. He wants us to be the salt of the earth. He wants us to go to the ends of the earth to preach salvation through the blood of Christ. Mark 1:17 Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men. Not "I will make you the tortoise of this world" living in solitary and waiting for my return. 

The Lord will require the lives of the lost from us on judgement day. Genesis 9:5 "and surely your blood of your lives I will require, at the hand of every beast I will require it, and at the hand of man, at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man". Once again, we are reminded that the harvest is plenty, unfortunately also plenty are the tortoises.

 The Lord is looking for harvesters that will know the times we are living in. Harvester like you and me that will move swiftly and perform great exploits in the Kingdom. Harvesters that will draw many to righteousness and salvation through Christ. 

Blessed week.

No comments:

Post a Comment