Friday 3 June 2016

Parable of the forgotten car

How many of us have heard this story before? An old man, having used a taxi his whole life, bought a car. The man took his new car to the shops for some groceries, and as was his custom, after shopping, he went into a taxi to go home. His wife was astonished when the man got home without his car... this is real and it happens to more people than we actually realise. 

From today on let's call it the parable of the forgotten car. This parable reminds me of a story in Luke 2:43‭-‬44 NKJV which reads "When they had finished the days, as they returned, the Boy Jesus lingered behind in Jerusalem. And Joseph and His mother did not know it; but supposing Him to have been in the company, they went a day’s journey, and sought Him among their relatives and acquaintances." 

I have to be honest. I have suffered defeat many times before as a child of God. And many times, just before the enemy overpowered me, he only had to make me forget his word, which I should have beeen walking with hourly and daily. I have also been babtised 3 times (talk about forgetting that car). 

This is for all those like me who at some point have heard the word of God, but for whatever reason, like the old man and his car, it did not take root long enough to bear fruit. The solution is not to leave the car at the shopping centre. Just like Joseph and Mary, when they realised Jesus was not with them anymore, Go back! Go back and find Him, I assure you that He will not hide from you. Go back to your salvation, go back to your state of fellowship with Christ. 

My peace I give you - Shalom

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is very profound

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise the Almighty God my brother...

      Delete
  2. Amen and Amen .
    A lot of time we hear God's word and get excited about it, but we don't take the time to let it sink in.let Strive for deep spiritual roots so that when recession comes and lasts several years ,we will be able to keep bearing fruit .

    God bless u Slalom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sindi, keep reading and sharing..

      Delete