Wednesday 8 June 2016

A Thief Exposed

So earlier this year I woke up very early as usual to get ready for work. Just before I could open the tap to run my bath, I saw a scorpion in the tub. Now please understand that I know the pain of a scorpion sting, it's not pleasant… I almost panicked at first but because I had been stung before and I know it doesn't kill I was relaxed, plus there really was nowhere the scorpion could run to.  See what make a scorpion or even a snake dangerous is when you cannot see them.  So I killed the scorpion and put it aside, took a bath and went to work.

While I bathed, the Lord spoke to me reminding me of the following piece of scripture: "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you". Luke 10:19 KJV. The thing that kept me calm was the knowledge that scorpions don't kill, since one had actually stung me before and I didn't die, I was in pain but I did not die. Rest easy in the knowledge that Jesus says that the enemy's forces will not harm you. Remember even his previous attempts to harm and destroy you that failed. Your testimony always keeps you level headed when confronted by the enemy, David had the bear and lion as his testimony in order to calmly confront Goliath.

The second thing the Lord spoke to me about was the visibility of the scorpion in the tub. See my bath tub is white and the scorpion was really easy to spot. He reminded me of Colossians 2:15 "and having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross". I read in the news earlier this year of a man who stole from a Walmart somewhere in the USA and the judge sentenced him to wear a sign saying "I'm a thief" and stand in front of the store he stole from for 10 days. This judge and our great Judge Jesus Christ made a public spectacle of the enemy. The enemy has been exposed and is WITHOUT AMMUNITION.

The last point we spoke about was on the deadness of the scorpion. I enjoyed my bath, and when I was done. I jumped out and walked to the place where I had placed the dead scorpion, to my surprise, guess what? THE SCORPION WAS STILL DEAD. I had a great moment of revelation because at times, I found myself wasting valuable time fearing and fighting with already dead spiritual scorpions.

I really hope you will be encouraged in the knowledge that Jesus has triumphed over the enemy, all his powers and authorities, and He is far above all rule and authority and power and dominion...

My Peace I give you - Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment