Friday 3 June 2016

Heads or Tails?

So the first exotic dancer in the gospels had a chance to set the bar on New Testament stripper wages... and I think she failed all exotic dancers dismally... Yes, I have been to a strip club (we all have a past).. Have you not wondered why guys get the smallest change of money before going to watch exotic dancers? I might have even seen one guy throw in a coin at one stage (I wonder if it landed on heads or tails).  I would put it to you that Herodias' daughter Salome set the bar very low for all New Testament exotic dancers... 

 Let’s see what the Bible says in Mark 6: 21 “Finally the opportune time came. On his birthday Herod gave a banquet for his high officials and military commanders and the leading men of Galilee. 22 When the daughter of Herodias came in and danced, she pleased Herod and his dinner guests. The king said to the girl, “Ask me for anything you want, and I’ll give it to you.” 23 And he promised her with an oath, “Whatever you ask I will give you, up to half my kingdom.” 24 She went out and said to her mother, “What shall I ask for?” “The head of John the Baptist,” she answered. 25 At once the girl hurried in to the king with the request: “I want you to give me right now the head of John the Baptist on a platter.” 

 The king wanted to give this girl up to half his kingdom, but she had to just go to her evil mother for advice, she just had to ruin it for all other exotic dancers. Ok, jokes aside… There is another King that is offering us all an inheritance in His kingdom. I hope that we learn from Salome’s mistake, instead of choosing death that we might choose life, that we might choose to be heirs in the kingdom. 

 My Peace I give you - Shalom  

No comments:

Post a Comment