Monday 25 July 2016

Windscreen Madness

As I was driving in town earlier, I saw this guy with a bottle of soap water and a windscreen washing tool. The guy quickly looked for the most vulnerable looking driver, with a slightly dirty car and began washing away. Immediately when he was done, he started nagging for money. He knocked on the passenger window, signalling to the frightened driver that we wanted to be paid… The poor driver who happened to be a woman was stuck between three cars and an annoying, slightly threatening windscreen washer.

I immediately remembered why I disliked those guys who washed windscreens at the traffic lights. They just have no respect for a person space. Earlier this month, a man sustained 3 stab wounds in the head for refusing to have his windows washed (seriously, what is going on in our world). This really has me worried and I’m worried for the safety of my loved ones too. Anyways, equally worrying is the fact that Christians, and especially those who do not take the time to learn one on one evangelism are becoming more and more like these windscreen washers.  There is a serious increase of bible bashers who are doing more harm than good out there in the name of evangelism…

How would I ever allow a windscreen washer to touch my windscreen and also get paid for it? Here’s how:

1.     He must be presentable
2.     He must be friendly
3.     He must state his case - advise me on the dangers of dirty windscreens
4.     He must be affiliated with a car wash – ultimately the windscreen is just one part of my vehicle, these windscreen washers must point to the place where all of my car’s dirt can be dealt with

The list could go on, but let me leave it at this. What I’m saying is this. Children of God, let us not be a stumbling block in our interactions with others. I have seen many a time on social media, people exposing these Windscreen Washer type of evangelists who do all sorts of despicable deeds in the name of Christ. I have seen comments like “If this is Christianity, you can keep it”. I’m not only talking about the so-called preachers who feed people blood, and grass and all sorts of other things. I am also talking about you and me. We need to be conscious of how we approach people when we want to share with them the gospel of Christ. Please let us make sure we are not like the traffic light windscreen washers. Let us rather be like the car was salesmen who point to where the whole car can be washed clean. "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” Matthew 23:13


My Peace I Give You - Shalom



1 comment:

  1. In touched by this message son. We need to be on the alert and be good harvesters

    ReplyDelete